Prohibited items guidelines
Although most things can be sold on ZotZon, certain items aren't allowed. Some present legal risks or may pose health and safety issues. We've also chosen not to allow items that we feel are inappropriate for our community or could be considered offensive.
Before posting your items, please read the guidelines below to ensure that they are OK to sell on ZotZon.
The following items are not allowed for sale:
1. Alcohol, drugs & tobacco
2. Adult & mature content
4. Wildlife products
5. Counterfeit and replica items
6. Dangerous items
7. Recalled items
8. Food items
9. Gift cards
10. Illegal items or encouraging illegal activity
11. Intangible items
12. Medical & healthcare items
13. Offensive materials
14. Precious and rare earth metals, precious stones, as well as waste containing precious and rare earth metals and precious stones (excluding jewelry).
15. Armaments, ammunition, military equipment, spare parts, components and devices for them, explosives, explosive devices, gunpowder, all types of rocket fuel, as well as special materials and special equipment for their production, special equipment of paramilitary personnel organizations and normative-technical products and documentation for their production and operation, uniforms of civil servants, including those with insignia.
16. Rocket and space systems, military communications and control systems and regulatory and technical documentation for their production and operation.
17. Chemical warfare agents, means of protection against them and regulatory and technical documentation for their production and use.
18. Radioactive substances and isotopes, uranium and other fissile materials and articles thereof.
19. X-ray equipment, instruments and equipment using radioactive substances and isotopes.
20. The results of scientific research and design work, as well as fundamental exploratory research on the creation of weapons and military equipment.
21. Cryptographic equipment, and regulatory and technical documentation for its production and use.
22. Poisons, narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, their precursors; smoking mixes (spice), substances that change the mind and psyche.
23. Waste of radioactive materials.
24. Waste explosives.
25. Medicinal raw materials obtained from reindeer herding (antlers and endocrine raw materials).
26. Counterfeit or stolen goods or property.
27. Fake banknotes and fake postage stamps.
28. Radio-electronic and special technical equipment intended for secret information.
29. State identification cards, signs, documents for a vehicle pass, permits, official certificates, certificates of medical institutions, certificates, travel documents and licenses, blank valid official documents (strict reporting forms), as well as other documents granting or exempting from rights / obligations, except for documents for collection purposes with a clearly indicated expired validity and / or invalidity / cancellation mark, forms for these documents As well as the services they receive.
30. Finished diploma and term papers, dissertations and other similar types of work; services for the preparation and writing of diplomas, term papers, dissertations and similar types of work.
31. Databases, including those containing personal data, materials and services containing state, banking, commercial and other secrets (including codes from bank cards, safes, etc.); resource and service accounts (social networks, e-mail, games, etc.) that may contribute to unauthorized mailings.
32. Securities (stocks, bonds, checks, etc.), except for securities for the purpose of collecting with a clearly stated expired date and / or invalidity / cancellation / redemption mark.
33. Materials and services that violate the privacy of privacy, infringe on the honor, dignity and business reputation of citizens and legal entities, as well as containing state, banking, commercial and other secrets.
34. Materials transmitted exclusively virtually and not recorded on any tangible medium (ideas, methods, principles, etc.), including electronic tickets.
35. Subscriptions, discount cards, certificates, coupons, club cards.
36. Any weapon, including hunting (including hunting knives), pneumatic, civil, airsoft, paintball and other, as well as components for it, copies of collection weapons, souvenir and decorative weapons, knives (except for kitchen, pen, stationery ), as well as products structurally similar to weapons.
37. Human organs and tissues, as well as donor services (for example, donate / buy blood / semen, etc.).
38. Extremist materials; materials calling for riots, carrying out terrorist activities and extremist activities, for participating in mass public events, inciting ethnic and religious hatred.
39. Any financial services, including insurance, as well as assistance in obtaining them, financial intermediation, learning to play the Exchange and Forex, bankruptcy, financial intermediation, collection and anti-collection services.
40. Information on dubious methods of generating income (for example, an offer to register on any resource and receive a sum of money for it).
41. Documents for vehicles, license plates for vehicles.
42. Fishing nets, materials for their manufacture, as well as services for their manufacture; electric fishing rods; traps.
43. Non-existent goods or services; goods / services that do not have consumer value, goods and services knowingly false information about a product or service.
44. Transcendental services (witchcraft, magic, extrasensory perception, fortune telling, alternative medicine, etc.).
45. Political advertising and religious advertising.
46. Advertising a store, Internet resource or unreasonable use of trademarks of famous brands.
47. Information about the search, find or loss.
48. Services for installing illegal copies of software, replacing licensed software, or disrupting the technical protection of phones, smartphones, laptops, navigators, personal computers, etc. established by the copyright holder (including firmware, unlock, jailbreak, etc.), and also products with illegal copies of software installed and factory settings changed.
49. Proposals for the sale and registration of telephone numbers, SIM cards or favorable tariffs, as well as cable television cards, proposals for the rental of telephone numbers, SIM cards (including, but not limited to, as part of a modem).
50. Telephone numbers, email addresses, or other third party contact information.
51. Services aimed at cheating, promotion, as well as services to create artificial traffic in social networks and other similar resources.
52. Dating sites, services of marriage agencies and organizers of dating.
53. Online auctions, sites for the announcement of goods and services and marketplaces.
54. Goods subject to state sanctions.
55. Services of surrogate mothers (search and offer).
56. Goods and objects for which the user has no rights.
57. Goods subject to mandatory certification or other mandatory confirmation of compliance with the requirements of technical regulations, in the absence of such certification or confirmation of such compliance.
58. Goods and services for the production and (or) implementation of which it is required to obtain licenses or other special permits, in the absence of such licenses / permits.
59. Campaign materials, ballot papers, goods or services related to the exercise of voting rights.
60. Information on the need for financial assistance (for example, raising funds for treatment).
61. Services, work and materials related to the implementation of military service and paramilitary activities in foreign countries.
Alcohol, drugs & tobacco
Alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and related products are often subject to regulatory restrictions and are illegal for sale in some cases. Because we can't enforce these laws and regulations, we don't allow these items for sale, including:
Adult & mature content
ZotZon strives to be an open marketplace but understands that not all people want to see explicit sexual content. Items intended for adult use or that contain explicit sexual content are not allowed on ZotZon, such as:
Our policy around animals and wildlife products represents ZotZon’s commitment to improving animal welfare in our own communities and in helping to protect threatened and endangered animals around the world.
You can certainly post many types of animal products. However, live animals are never allowed, including:
For more information, visit our detailed list of Animals.
Wildlife & wildlife products
You can certainly post many types of animal products. However, wildlife products that were sourced illegally or are being traded in contravention of any law are prohibited.
For more information, visit our detailed list of Wildlife & wildlife products.
Counterfeit or replica items
Shipping and counterfeit items
For more information, visit our Intellectual property policy.
Items that are subject to a recall, typically because they are deemed unsafe or defective by federal regulators, are not allowed on ZotZon. These items present a unique risk because the harm they present is often not visibly apparent. Items recalled in the past include:
The sale of homemade prepared food is subject to regulatory guidelines and often requires a permit. Because we can't enforce these restrictions, prepared food is not allowed. Examples:
Exceptions to this policy include:
Gift cards and reloadable cards are not allowed due to the risk for buyers. The balance can't always be verified, and sometimes the card balance can be used or cancelled by the original purchaser.
Illegal items or encouraging illegal activity
Any item that is illegal or that encourages illegal activity is not allowed, including but not limited to:
ZotZon is intended for the sale of individual, tangible items. Items must exist and be available for immediate sale. Examples of things that are not allowed include:
- Links to or information about flea markets, yard sales, and garage sales
- URLs, links, or redirecting to other websites
- Rentals and timeshares
- Multi-level marketing schemes and related promotional materials
- Job postings
- Lost pet ads
Medical & healthcare items
Due to health and safety, privacy, and regulatory concerns, certain medical and healthcare items are not allowed for sale on ZotZon, including but not limited to:
ZotZon is an inclusive community that welcomes users from all backgrounds. To build a respectful mobile marketplace, posts that contain foul language or that promote hatred, violence, or discrimination are not allowed. This includes posts that support hate or discrimination toward others based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation, or items that promote or glorify organizations with such views. Examples: